Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Sketch in blue light" 2010 Pencil and pastel on paper
by Terrence Cope "click for larger image"

Oft’ times
I
find myself
Staring
down
Long
Empty 
halls
Bright Lights
Reflecting 
White
Paint
I
Sitting
Cross-legged
Stuck in limbo
Purgatory
Spinning
Around
with dying suns
and desert moons
Ride the time out
Where are you?
Floors
Hard
Grow Cold
To the bone
Concrete
Pools
Give way
I am sinking
Down, down
Violet-grey clouds
Mask 
This days sun
Dying Rays
An aged hand
It's many fingers
withered 
reach out
None find me
I close my eyes
Feel the warmth fade
she had come to the party
Without invitation
Wearing a costume
Sorry
I did not recognize you
It is then
And only then
Images
Wash over me
Like winter rains
Those single moments
Frozen time
You
Are mine
You
Are far away
You
I miss you
Except
When I close my eyes