Thursday, November 18, 2010


Dreaming in ghosts, gray days and echoes
Trees on the hill are the first ones to fall
Lowly leafs dangle, cling in defiance
Doomed to the ground around the stone wall
Crisp is the sting of a sun cold and frozen
Bundled, I shudder and shrink in its bite
Walking alone, I wonder how you are
I strain for a vision in the cold winter light
Seeing my voice as I say your name slowly
See every breath of the last words you said
Things that you say are kept in my pocket
While pictures of you are played in my head
Passing in shadows, this haunting of twilight
My collar is turned towards the bone chilling air
Alone with my thoughts and the sounds of my passing
Holding tight to a love of someone so rare
These skies are all empty, the birds have abandoned
The grass and this city sleep 'neath the frost
Streetlights are wrapped in a halo of cold rain
And I remain vigil on this long winter's walk.