Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I still smell that night in the room of our father in a den made of opium, a bed of codeine

Naked and glowing from the light of the stars your silhouettes danced like puppets and demons

Yet you sat there starring like you could change the ending replaying that movie over and over

As I just sat there watching, my head in a rainbow, asleep in a cloud, knowing my mission was only to save you

Look! Look! Little brother I drew you a picture and if you look really closely, this light through my fingers will make you a donkey

What's wrong little brother can I not entertain you with great feats of magic to hang on the wall.

I saw you that morning and I didn't want to wake you as you lay on the floor looking so peaceful

But when you arise we'll talk little brother and we'll sing and we'll dance because there's always tomorrow.