Friday, April 23, 2010

04/23/2010


This is a sketch...drawing....study that was instrumental in a oil I just completed. Though I did not do it today, it was the focus of tonight's "playing with photoshop." I don't normally consider photoshop an art form but it raises questions. When the caveman gave up hands for a paint brush, would that be equal to the brush giving way to a computer program. I have a hard time letting go of pencil on paper. An average attention span of the everyday, disposable, art loving consumer has made everything a "what's next?"- "what's it worth?" life. Glancing back to times we can never participate in, finally paying attention to some poor soul that suffered, finally getting heard, it's sad to know he will never hear the answer to his questions. Will someone answer my question 100 years from now? This question only matter to me because I am alive right now. In this fact alone I find comfort.